Sr. Product Engineer - Captain Android
Work Location: Bangalore
Reports To: Tech Lead
People Management (Yes/No): No
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India. We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
- Own the delivery of multiple features of the product end to end while hands-on in development as well
- Advocate best development practices such as continuous integration/continuous delivery, automation (testing and infrastructure) and code modularity, extensibility, quality
- Adopt security- first approach in the product development and ensure automated and manual security checks in place across the delivery pipeline
- Lead by example and mentor other developers in the team both technically and professionally
- Support other Senior Product Engineers and contribute to their growth professionally
- Work with tech leads and the team to ensure shared technology vision and develop state of the art design and architecture for any product development
- Work with other functions such as testing, analysis, infra management, support to ensure faster delivery of products
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with broader team in order to share understanding of product functionality, features, and technology vision
- Look out for technology trends across the industry and apply relevant developments to the products
- Work with the decentralised application business owners to ensure their vision is realised through efficient technology and delivery timelines
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop personally and professional outside of the confinement of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Must have extensive hands on experiencing designing and building mobile applications on Android
- 3+ Years’ of experience
- Must have excellent programming, debugging and scripting skills with a solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Must have ability to learn/iterate quickly in a rapidly changing technical stack with nascent codebase and developer tools
- Must possess a passion for delivery-focused development, and overcoming challenges through teamwork and self-motivation
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate technical vision and direction of the product and make significant impacts to technology and design choices
- Architectural design while leading and inspiring software development teams
- Leading development of large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Continuous integration tools and test automation
- Managing systems in production and understands release process, monitoring, and debugging
- Working and developing in agile environment working with XP/Scrum development practices
Skills and Competencies:
- Expertise in end to end Android development and release management
- Must have hands on experience in development through RxJava, Dagger, Unit Testing and UI Testing(Espresso).
- Knowledge of software practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, Encapsulation etc
- Knowledge of DevOps tooling like docker, kubernetes, ansible/chef, AWS will be a plus.
- Solid OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.