Senior Manager PR
Work Location: Bangalore
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India.
We believe that 2-Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.
We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well
· Work closely with the PR head and the other business stakeholders to close the monthly PR calendar
· Develop PR and communication strategies for the organisation, products & individual functions
· Serve as primary media contact directing all publicity, consumer awareness and image building campaigns in line with brand objectives
· Liaison and collaborate with internal stakeholders and PR agency
· Develop brand messaging, manage company public relations archives, oversee and help in execution of events
· Evaluate results of the PR campaign to ensure it is in sync with the key messaging
· Must be able to identify PR opportunities for the company or create stories to ensure the company is in the news
· Liaison with functional heads and senior leadership to meet all PR requirements
· Must be able to develop PR communication - press releases, articles, letters, Q&As, profiles etc. Experience in handling PR agency, third party vendors as well as key internal stakeholders to deliver the PR goals
· Identify speaking opportunities for senior executives and provide support in the form of speeches and talking points.
· Responsible for the external media focused written communications such as media pitches, press releases, press notes, briefing documents, by-line articles, keynote presentations/speeches, coverage reports, media responses, etc.
· Manage and track the output of the external agencies
§ A post graduate degree or diploma in communications/Marketing is preferred
§ 8-12 years of experience in handling corporate communications, reputation management (Online &
Offline) & crisis communication. We will index higher on quality of experience and demonstrated
outcomes rather than just number of years.
§ Good understanding of the media landscape and strong existing media relations including at editorial
§ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
§ Great ability for stakeholder interaction and management
§ Strategic thinking, and relentless, flawless execution
§ Ability to identify and work with external partners and agencies
§ Should be able to multitask seamlessly and manage multiple projects
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We've scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides. At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won't be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.