Work Location: Bangalore
Reports To: Lead Data Engineer
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India.
We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.
We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Creating complex data processing pipelines, as part of diverse, high energy teams
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by our Data Scientists
- Being able to deploy models in real-time applications either as part of a microservice(HTTP or RPC) with bounded context or as realtime pipelines producing events in response to user actions on ground
- Hands-on programming based on TDD, usually in a pair programming environment
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices.
- Able to build and operate Data Pipelines, Build and operate Data Storage, Is familiar with Infrastructure definition and automation in this context. Is aware of adjacent technologies to the ones they have worked on. Good understanding of Data Modelling.
- Involve in building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment.
- Experience building data pipelines and data centric applications using distributed storage solutions(including and not limited to HDFS like storage, Elasticsearch, Mongo, Kafka, Postgres/Mysql etc)