We are a passionate bunch of technologists, product and operationally savvy folks who believe in solving the last mile problem for India. Our primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India and not just in Metros.
Education: BE/BS/MS or equivalent in applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or operations research background is a MUST. Minimum of 6+ years of total experience and 4+ years as Data Scientist/Data science manager in real business impact projects
Ideally, you should have -
· Passion for understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data - characterized by high-volume, high dimensionality from multiple sources
· Ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
· Experience using R, Python or equivalent statistical/data analysis tools. Ability to transfer that knowledge to different tools
· Experience managing complex data systems involving relational databases and NoSql
· Worked in a big data environment before alongside a data engineering team (and data visualization team, data and business analysts)
· Proven experience managing in an Agile environment;
· Experience in understanding predictive statistical, behavioural or other models via supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis results
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to relate with and supervise cross-functional teams, as well as to communicate technical content and analytical insights/complex findings in a clear and concise manner to multiple audiences, including senior management and rest of the business stakeholders
You will be responsible for -
· Translating business requirements into analytical solutions
· Responsible for carrying out technical risk analysis and reliability assessments
· Responsible for communicating analytics model behaviour/results to business
· Work with business users and/or other data scientists to define and close on the model design
· Responsible for driving data quality throughout the organization
· Provide recommendations for plans, programs, strategies and policies where applicable
· Champion collaboration with technology/data engineering team to transfer the business understanding, get the model productionized and validate the output along with business users
· Work closely with data scientists to ensure the full analytical and model lifecycle is correct and complete
· Understand business challenges and goals to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support business decision making
· Work in highly collaborative teams that strive to build quality systems and provide business value
· Direct data science teams to complete all project deliverables.
· Mentor budding analysts and data scientists to achieve their career goals
What will you find -
- You get to work with the best minds and learn from the leaders who have built Rapido
- No boundaries and no white-topping setup - where there is a lot of freedom to explore and expand your horizons of what you want to do in your career.
- High energy teams with passion for value oriented tech
- Witness hyper growth at a scale which you only get to read or hear about in the news
- Tech - which will support scale and growth - Currently at 5k RPS and expecting exponential growth.
- Data platform collecting this across entire transactional backend estate, ~TB query window size for daily analysis, real-time analytical predictive apps supporting demand, supply and other levers to improve customer experience and operational efficiency.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We’ve scaled 0 to pre-covid levels in less than 6months, our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.