Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India. We believe that 2-Wheelers are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers. We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Commercial Law expert involved in preparation or review of documents, assessing partnerships and negotiating deals.
2. Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations.
3. Design and oversee the company’s policy and position on legal matters including implementation of well-defined standardized compliance processes;
4. Examine the legal issues related to new products and services.
5. Drafting, reviewing and finalizing transaction documents such as SHA, SSA, side letter and provide due diligence support;
6. Knowledge on the compliance of the provisions of various labour and other applicable laws applicable to Rapido;
7. Hands on experience on RBI and FEMA compliances and filings;
8. Drafting of Company Policies to comply with Data Privacy, Labour Laws, FEMA, PML, etc.
9. Review role in finalization and maintenance of statutory registers, compliances of various forms and other documents as required under Companies Act.
10. Resourceful in legal researches and sharing opinion on day-to-day operations;
11. Understanding of end-to-end compliance with respect to local laws and regulations in India.
12. Having knowledge on RBI’s wallet regulations such as PAPG guidelines, understanding on closed and open wallet requirements etc shall be an added advantage.
Required skills, education and experience:
1. Qualified Law Graduate from India.
2. Experience: 8-10 years of work experience, preferably in an unlisted public or a private company.
3. Having a membership as a Company Secretary with ICSI shall be an added advantage.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an impeccable command over English language and typically aggressive in approach.
5. Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously.
6. Ability to manage and communicate with cross functional teams and stakeholders.