Work Location: Bangalore
Reports To: Engineering Manager
People Management (Yes/No): No
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India. We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
- You will be working in a cross-functional team to bring positive changes in the life of our captains with use of technology.
- You will be responsible for implementing end to end product features on the Rapido Captain app
- You would be aware of product and engineering metrics that are relevant for your features and would know how to measure them
- You would have a security-first mindset during the product development and ensure security checks across the delivery pipeline
- You will be adhering to best practices, continuously improving the way we do our work
- Work with tech leads and the team to ensure shared technology vision and develop state of the art design and architecture as the product evolves.
- Collaborate and work with other functions such as design, testing, product, support to ensure timely delivery of products, continuously improving how we work together.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with a broader team.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience designing and building mobile applications on Android
- You know how to measure and improve availability and reliability of your application, namely- crashes, ANRs, janks, high response time, memory leaks, battery consumption, screen render time.
- Must have a good understanding of object-oriented programming, reactive programming, and design patterns.
- You not only understand various architectural patterns like MVP, MVVM, and Clean Architecture but also know why to use one over the other and how to test each of their architectural layers.
- You can evaluate risk, complexity, dependency and effort required for features.
- You can collaborate with and communicate to stakeholders in other functions to understand their requirements and convey challenges involved in the development; working together to make significant impacts to technology and design choices.
- You are delivery-focused and have zeal to overcome challenges through teamwork and self-motivation
- You have worked in an agile environment following XP/Scrum development practices.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and are currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.