Work Location: Bangalore
Reports To: Tech Lead
People Management (Yes/No): No
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India. We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
- You would be responsible for end-to-end development and delivery of multiple product features.
- You would be aware of product and engineering metrics that are relevant for your features and would know how to measure them.
- You would have a security-first mindset during the product development and ensure security checks across the delivery pipeline.
- You Advocate and adhere to best practices, continuously improving the way we do our work.
- You would create insightful documentation around best practices, architectural guidelines, how-tos, and FAQs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to the products
- Lead by example and mentor other developers in the team; support peers in their growth.
- Work with tech leads and the team to ensure shared technology vision and develop state of the art design and architecture as the product evolves.
- Collaborate and work with other functions such as design, testing, product, support to ensure timely delivery of products, continuously improving how we work together.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with a broader team.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop personally and professionally outside of the confinement of a traditional career path by focusing on what you're passionate about.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience designing and building mobile applications on Android
- You know how to measure and improve availability and reliability of your application, namely- crashes, ANRs, janks, high response time, memory leaks, battery consumption, screen render time.
- Must have a good understanding of object-oriented programming, reactive programming, and inversion of control.
- You understand design patterns and their usage. You not only understand various architectural patterns like MVP, MVVM, and Clean Architecture but also know why to use one over the other and how to test each of their architectural layers.
- You would have mentored at least two engineers to success on their professional journey on Android.
- You have the ability to learn and adapt to a nascent stage codebase & tooling and take it to the next stage.
- You can evaluate risk, complexity, dependency and effort required for features.
- You can collaborate with and communicate to stakeholders in other functions to understand their requirements and convey challenges involved in the development; working together to make significant impacts to technology and design choices.
- You are delivery-focused and have zeal to overcome challenges through teamwork and self-motivation
- You have worked in an agile environment following XP/Scrum development practices.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.