Work Location: Bangalore
Reports To: Head of Engineering/CTO
People Management (Yes/No): Yes
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India. We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
What you will do :
We are looking for a Technical Architect to design the structure of our IT systems and oversee programs to ensure the proper architecture is implemented.
Primary owner of the architecture and design of your suite of products you will be responsible for - scaling, performance, availability & quality of the products; driving technology & best practices in engineering; driving code reviews, design reviews architecture discussions; driving the adoption of these best practices
Should have experience in data modelling, distributed system design, Microservice architecture and communications protocol and is passionate about writing code and the art of management
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture. We'd also like you to have hands-on experience on software development and be able to manage complex programs. Overseeing development and implementation of programs. Providing technical leadership and support to software development teams. Your goal will be to ensure our internal IT framework operates properly.
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e. g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for the team in alignment with business and market needs
- Understand Business requirements - Should have enough product knowledge to make decisions in line with company objectives.
- Create products which are technically superior however more importantly, delivering to customer centric and revenue objectives
- Make build or buy decisions, what tech stack to use and why.
- Create codes which are reusable, replicable, and scalable
- Should be able to explain these decisions to the team so they can also learn
- Provide mentorship in framework design to engineers and collaborate effectively with other product development teams
- Decide if use case can be repeated or we need to use new
- Own multiple systems and work with engineers, product managers and engineering leaders to identify opportunities for business impact
- work pipeline management
- course correct and steer team of developers and engineers till product goes live
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with various operating systems
- Experience in cloud technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer.
- Database (SQL/Mysql/NO SQL).Good to have Kafka/queuing/messaging system.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability.
- Excellent analytical and time and people management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
Education and Experience:
- BE/BTech in CS or Relevant Background with 8 to13 years’ experience.
- Round 1 – Problem Solving/DS
- Round 2 – System Design
- Round 3 – Hiring Manager
- Round 4 – HR
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO:
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides. At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.