Engineering Manager - Mobile
We are a passionate bunch of technologists, product and operationally savvy folks who believe in solving the last mile problem for India. Our primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India and not just in Metros.
We are looking for a strong and passionate technology leader to join our team in Engineering Management role.
As an Engineering Manager, you will own delivery and technology vision for the product, cross product integrations and work closely with product management team and delivery teams, to ensure quality and timely delivery of the features, and foster innovation and best practices. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers to drive innovation in mobile app development across android and iOS stacks, while relentlessly improving user experience, performance, scalability, and maintainability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Champion the product delivery in the fast paced startup with deep focus on quality, design & architecture
- Help implement effective engineering processes and champion their adoption.
- Has the technical capacity and capability to partner with tech leads and architects in problem solving.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management
- Drives end to end product delivery from the product requirements to release and post release support with the team
- Brings a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their recognition.
- Initiate cross-functional (Product, Business, Operations) collaborations with development teams throughout Rapido and gather feedback and requirements.
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders
- Ensuring any blockers and dependencies across teams are coordinated with the respective team leads
Desired Skills and Experience
- Total of 8+ years' experience
- Technically Hands-on, prior experience with scalable architecture, managing team of (10-15) Sr. engineers / Engineers, and coaching, mentoring while maintaining a hands-on role with code development
- Experience working with cross functional teams of Product Managers, Quality Analysts, Tech Leads, Developers, UI / UX Designers
- Experience managing product releases from delivery, monitoring and recovery from failures
- Experience managing product backlog and tracking the delivery with clear metrics around delivery efficiency and cycle time for product initiatives.
- Experience working with multiple technology stacks (must: Java / Nodejs) and understands its pros and cons
- Experience with distributed systems at scale and understands the impact of it on the business
- Very good understanding of database systems including NoSQL
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 4.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.