Senior Data Engineer
The position holder should be passionate about technologies, product and operational savvy who believe in solving last mile problems. This position will report to the Data-apps leader and will be a part of the larger Data Engineering team inside the organization responsible for delivering technology-based solutions that can be adopted to efficiently manage key business processes and stakeholder groups.
- Creating complex data processing pipelines, as part of diverse, high energy teams
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by our Data Scientists
- Being able to deploy models in real-time applications either as part of a microservice(HTTP or RPC) with bounded context or as realtime pipelines producing events in response to user actions on ground
- Hands-on programming based on TDD, usually in a pair programming environment
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices.
- Able to build and operate Data Pipelines, Build and operate Data Storage, Is familiar with Infrastructure definition and automation in this context. Is aware of adjacent technologies to the ones they have worked on. Good understanding of Data Modelling.
- Involve in building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment.
- Experience building data pipelines and data centric applications using distributed storage solutions(including and not limited to HDFS like storage, Elasticsearch, Mongo, Kafka, Postgres/Mysql etc)
- Experience in HDFS, S3, NoSql Databases and distributed platforms like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive, Kafka, Oozie, Airflow, Elasticsearch etc.
- Experience in any of MapR, Cloudera, and HortonWorks and/ or cloud based Hadoop Distributions(GCP preferred).
- Experience creating and building data centric application involving ML models
Functional / Behavioural Competencies:
- Actively seeking to learn newer tech and curiously experimenting is a trait that would be preferred.
- Excellent understanding of technology landscape
- Learning ability: Applies theoretical knowledge to practice
- Focus on excellence
- Mentoring team mates
Education & Experiences:
- B. Tech, M. Tech (in Computer Sciences preferred)
- Around 3+ years of experience. For transitioned data engineers over all experience of 5+ years in preferred.
Why should you join RAPIDO?
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and are currently doing ~4+ Lakh rides per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that provides strong support to user departments who in turn helps daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.