Senior Product Test Engineer
Reports To:Tech Lead
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India. We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers. We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed test strategy and test plans for various features at the functional and system level.
- Be a gatekeeper for the quality of any product going out in the market from Rapido including customer experiences.
- Integral members of SDLC right from product requirements gathering phase to design reviews till the delivery of the product.
- Maintain a staging environment to effectively verify and validate the products.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by preparing a detailed capability matrix to map features to the functional requirements of the test plan and for defining the acceptance criteria.
- Effectively develop an automation to improve efficiency/productivity.
- Expertise in developing automation framework for mobile apps, web UI, APIs using appropriate open source tools like Appium, Selenium, SOAP UI, Rest Assured etc.
- Fluent with OOPS concepts and any one programming language like Java, Python etc.
- Cover all dimensions of Rapido’s product which includes features/functionality, scale/load, usability, and performance.
- Hands on experience in CI/CD driven test processes is an added benefit.
- Analyze defects to assess the severity and prioritize them for development to fix.
- Work with software developers to tune code and track all problem reports to closure. Analyze test results to ensure functionality and recommend appropriate action.
- Mentor QAs within the team.
Education & Experience
- Graduation/Masters in computer science
- 4-7 Years of relevant experience
- Round 1 – Technical Interview 1
- Round 2 – Technical Interview 2
- Round 3 – Managerial Round
- Round 4 – HR Round
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We are in the stage of getting the key hires for the organisation and this would be one of them. Rapido Corporate is a key priority for the entire company and has the potential to contribute a major chunk of company’s revenue, at the same time providing a strong business moat to us. We provide a lot of ownership to our employees and provide multiple avenues for them to grow within the company. We have a fluid, open office culture and think there is always a better way to solve a problem. We believe in launching things quickly and iterating on them rather than waiting for that
We are in a high-growth phase and are doing ~15 million rides per month. Our network also happens to be one of the largest in the country having more than 3 lakh active Captains (our driver partners) with us. The margins we are able to demonstrate are also best in this field across the world. Our growth outshines our goals and if you want you to be a part of the exponential growth, solving fundamental mobility problems for India then this is the place for you.