Lead Product Engineer - Devops
Work Location: Bangalore
Reports To: Tech Lead
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India.
We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.
We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
We are looking for an engineer to join our DevOps team at Rapido. You will be working on tuning systems (databases | Kubernetes | Istio | Kong to name a few) to run at scale, designing and implementing a variety of tools to solve our day to day nontrivial problems, improving observability across the board, designing for security, resiliency and scalability and a lot more. Since we build a lot of in-house tooling and work closely with the product teams, you are expected to have a good amount of experience working in a product team and one programming language of your choice. If the prospect of ensuring system reliability at scale and exploring bleeding-edge technology to solve problems excites you, then we will definitely get along well.
- Design and implement innovative solutions to achieve reliability at scale.
- Be part of designing and improving the continuous delivery pipelines at Rapido.
- Codify our infrastructure. Well, we mean everything.
- Do what it takes to keep the uptime above 99.99%.
- Evangelize and help development teams to adopt and own their infrastructure.
- Keep challenging everything till it's secure and reliable.
- Keep challenging observability till we are ahead of the game and it's transparent.
- Good understanding of Golang or any other programming language
- Should have some understanding of distributed systems, microservice architecture, and communication protocols.
- Good understanding of Kubernetes
- Good understanding of how to have continuous delivery pipelines in place.
- Good understanding of Linux fundamentals.
- Good understanding of the internals of any of Mongo | Cassandra | Kafka | Elasticsearch | Redis.
- Experience working on any of the cloud providers (GCP | AWS | Azure)
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of some of the monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB etc).
Education and Experience:
- BE/BTech in CS or Relevant Background with 5 to 10 years’ experience.
- Round 1 – Technical Discussion
- Round 2 – Technical Discussion
- Round 3 – Managerial Discussion
- Round 3 – HR Discussion
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO:
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.