Work Location: Bangalore
Reports To: Lead Data Engineer
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India.
We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.
We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Creating complex data processing pipelines, as part of diverse, high energy teams
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by our Data Scientists
- Hands-on programming based on TDD
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Functional understanding of Java/Python and any Hadoop stack familiarity is a bonus.
- Learning ability : Is self-reflective, Has a hunger to improve, Has a keen interest to drive their own learning. Applies theoretical knowledge to practice
- Like solving problems, designing data structure and Algo.
- Nice to have: Attends and participates in conferences/meetups/user groups, Contributes to open source projects
Functional / Behavioural Competencies:
- Actively seeking to learn newer tech and curiously experimenting is a trait that would be preferred.
- Excellent understanding of technology landscape
- Learning ability: Applies theoretical knowledge to practice
- Focus on excellence
- Mentoring team mates
Education & Experiences:
- B. Tech, M. Tech(in Computer Science preferred)
- Around 2+ years of experience. For transitioned data engineers over all experience of 3+ years in preferred.
- Round 1 – Assignment
- Round 2 – Technical Discussion 1
- Round 3 – Technical Discussion 2/ Managerial Round
- Round 4 – HR Round
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We've scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides. At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won't be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.