Work Location: Bangalore
Reports To: Lead Data scientist
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India.
We believe that 2 Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well.
Role and Responsibilities:
● Translating business requirements into analytical solutions
● Perform data analysis (with a representative sample data slice) and build/prototype the model(s)
● Work with business users and/or other data scientists to define and close on the model design
● Provide inputs to the data ingestion/engineering team on input data required by the model, size, format, associations, cleansing required
● Identify/Provide approach and data to validate the model(s)
● Collaborate with a technology/data engineering team to transfer the business understanding, get the model productionized and validate the output along with business users
● Tune the model(s) to improve results provided over time
● Understand business challenges and goals to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support business decision making
● Do hands-on data analysis and model creation
● Work closely with data analysts in the team to define and execute on EDA and experiment roadmap
● Work in highly collaborative teams that strive to build quality systems and provide business value
● Continually learn and develop your career
Education and Experience:
BE/BS/MS or equivalent in Applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or operations research background is a MUST. Minimum of 4-6 years of total experience and 2+ years as Data Scientist in real business impact projects
● Passion for understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data - characterized by high-volume, high dimensionality from multiple sources
● Ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
● Experience with building predictive statistical, behavioral or other models via supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, and other predictive modeling techniques.
● Experience using R, Python or equivalent statistical/data analysis tools. Ability to transfer that knowledge to different tools
● Experience with matrices, distributions and probability
● Proficiency with relational databases and NoSQL
● Experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning solution, Neural Networks is preferred.
● Worked in a big data environment before alongside a data engineering team (and data visualization team, data and business analysts)
- · Round 1 – Assignment
- · Round 2 – Technical Discussion 1
- · Round 3 – Technical Discussion 2
- · Round 4 – HR Round
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO:
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.