Manager Graphic Design
Work Location: Bangalore
Rapido is India’s largest bike taxi player focused on solving the first and last mile connectivity problem for India. The primary focus is mobility and changing all facets of mobility across India.
We believe that 2-Wheeler are the right mode of transport for developing countries like India and have much more scope than 4 wheelers, which is also reflected in the fact that the number of 2 wheelers is significantly more than the number of 4-wheelers.
We have operations in close to 100 cities and are the undisputed market leader in this space. Growing close to 500% year-on-year, we have ambitious targets set for ourselves in the future as well
Under limited supervision, designs and coordinates the development of a wide range of digital and printed graphic materials, involving a variety of integrated steps and processes, and requiring extensive knowledge of specialised, multi-faceted design concepts and media. Creates complex, original graphic design and comprehensive layout concepts.
- Conceptualizes, plans, designs, and produces a wide range of specialized graphic, typesetting and/or illustrative material, to include multimedia concepts.
- Works with stakeholders to ascertain needs and to develop graphic directions, concepts, and specifications for assigned projects.
- Plans deadline/schedules with the design manager for the various steps in the design process; analyzes project workflow for multiple concurrent projects.
- Coordinates with Regional managers and oversees the design process, inspects proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate design standards.
- Provides creative and technical advice and guidance to other designer on graphics issues.
- Responsible for identifying and interpreting graphic design needs and develop creative and responsive design concepts.
- Create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Coordinate a graphics or photographic library and/or maintain digital records.
- Supervise and/or lead the team on junior designer.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Good Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design and comprehensive layout concepts.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
- Ability to compile and prepare graphic production schedules, and work plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Profound knowledge of Software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other design softwares.
- Knowledge of graphic layout and photographic requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of printing and/or reproduction processes and techniques.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Resourceful, diligence, and attention to detail are essential
- A Team Player
- Ability to work under supervision and/or to lead the project when required
- Ability to collaborate and meet deadlines
- Work well in a diverse team environment and quickly adapt to change management
Education & Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Master/Bachelor degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant qualification
- Candidates prefered from NID/NIFT
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN RAPIDO
We’ve scaled 10x within 1 year and currently doing 3.5+ Lakh orders per day. Our growth outshines our goals and we want you to be a part of the growth solving fundamental mobility problems for India. You can be part of the team that is helping daily commuters with economic and quicker rides.
At Rapido, we take our work seriously and are proud of the associations we have built along the way. But then, we also know how to have fun. With a seamless communication structure and a “no cubicle culture”, the people here are extremely approachable. You will have several opportunities to exercise your potential, you won’t be disappointed. We break the regular office monotony and believe in free-flowing work culture.